Indo Chinese cuisine is the adaptation of Chinese seasoning and cooking techniques to Indian tastes, also including a variety of vegetarian dishes. The Indian-style Chinese cuisine is said to have been developed by the small Chinese community that has lived in Kolkata for over a century. Today, Chinese food is an integral part of the Indian menu.
This chilly garlic recipe is adapted from Sanjeev Kapoor’s cook book “Noodles and Pasta”. After trying the recipe in the book , if cooking noodles means I will end up making chilly garlic noodles.It spicy and hot, you can have with out any side dish too. Original recipe only onion is used .
* Cook in high flame to get the flavour.
* Do taste before adding salt ,as soy sauce is salty in taste.
* Do not over fry garlic and chillies.
Chilly Garlic NoodlesPrint This
- Noodles _ 150 gm
- Vegetables(cut into thin long slices) _ 1 cup
- Spring onion _ few
- Garlic(crushed) _ 1 tsp
- Chilly Flakes _ 1 tsp(optional)
- Pepper _ 1/2 tsp
- Tomato Sauce _ 3/4 tsp
- Soya Sauce _ 1/2 tsp
- Chilly Sauce _ 1/2 tsp
- Chilly Oil _ 1 tbsp + 1 tsp
- Cook noodles as per instructions and drain the water .Keep aside and add 1 tsp of oil and mix so noodles won’t get sticky. Cut vegetables into thin long slices.
- In a wok heat oil add garlic saute for 2 second . Add the capsicum and carrots fry for a 2-3 min in high flame.Add cabbage and fry again.
- Now add salt ,sauces and pepper to the vegetables.
- Finally add the noodles , spring onion and toss well in high flame.
- Serve hot.