Indo Chinese cuisine is the adaptation of Chinese seasoning and cooking techniques to Indian tastes, also including a variety of vegetarian dishes. The Indian-style Chinese cuisine is said to have been developed by the small Chinese community that has lived in Kolkata for over a century. Today, Chinese food is an integral part of the Indian menu.
This exotic Chinese side dish is very easy to cook and goes well with noodles, fried rice or even plain rice. While preparing rice rice or noodles ,you can chop the veggies along make this in no time. I ‘m sure kids are gonna love this colourful looking gravy.
You can add vegetables of your choice .
- Vegetables should not be over cooked .It should be crunchy.
Adjust the soya sauce, chilly sauce and honey according to taste.The gravy should be sour and
sweet in taste .
- Mix the corn flour with out lumps and keep aside.
If the gravy becomes thick while boiling add water to get the correct consistency.
- If you are adding mushrooms ,its a good idea to fry them separately and keep asides,as mushroom
leave a lot of moisture.
Sweet Sour vegetablesPrint This
- Vegetables (cut in to medium sized cubes, corn length wise) _ 1 cup
- Garlic(crushed) _ 5-6 pods
- Cornflour _ 1 tbsp(dissolved in 1 cup water)
- Tomato sauce _ 1 tbsp
- Soya sauce _ 1/2 tbsp
- Chilly Sauce _ 1/2 tbsp
- Honey _ 1 tbsp
- Oil _ 1 tbsp
- Spring onion _ few
- Salt _ as needed
- In a frying pan heat oil add garlic, vegetables and stir fry in high flame.
(I have fried mushrooms separately and kept aside.)
- Once the vegetables are cooked add cornflour mix. Bring to boil.
- Now add the sauces and honey . Mix well and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Add spring onion and swith of the flame.
- Serve hot.