Idiyappam is a traditional Kerala breakfast. There are many variations which you can try out .Wheat idiyappam is a very healthy and light food for breakfast. Stew and coconut milk goes well with wheat idiyappam. Do try out this version of idiyappam from tomorrow’s breakfast.
*Steam or frying the flour is important as it helps to reduce the gummy texture, and the dough to come out easily from the idiyappam maker.
*Make a smooth dough (smoother than chapathi dough),but be are careful not to add more water too.
*You can either steam for 15_20 minutes or fry the flour in mediums flame for about 10 min or until
a nice aroma comes from it.
Wheat IdiyappamPrint This
- Wheat Flour / Atta _ 2 cups
- Luke warm water _ as needed
- Salt _ as needed
- Oil _ 1 tsp
- In a steamer spread a muslin cloth and spread wheat flour . Boil water and steam the flour for 15-20
- Make a smooth dough with the flour adding salt, oil using luke warm water. Make dough when the flour is warm .Do not let it cool down completely.
- Grease the idli mould or idiyappam mould and using a idiyappam maker press the dough to idli moulds/idiyappam mould .Steam for 5 to 7 minutes or till cooked. Allow it to cool down and remove gently from the mould and serve hot with stew or coconut milk.